Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/06/21

Meds and alcohol

I'm on 50mg Lamictin a day, 10mg cipralex and 0.5mg alzam a day. Is it okay to have an occasional glass or two of wine? What will the effects of this be?

I have answered almost the identical question rather recently. An occasional glass will probably not be harmful, so long as it is occasional. The most noticeable effect is often that you feel and act more drunk than you would expect for the amount of wine you have drunk --- the effects are additive between wine and the sedative and possibly disinhibiting effects of any other drug active in the Central Nervous System. And Alzam would be especially likely to produce this added impact when combined with alcohol. So be very careful about driving, etc.
In any significant quantity, alcohol not only on its own tends to worsen a depression ( it is a depressant chemical itself ) ; but can significantly reduce the benefits of psychotropic drugs.