Question
Posted by: Twig | 2007/05/02

Meds

Hi CS

Thank you for your encouragement. It helps a lot. I’ve stopped taking all pills at night, and I feel very good. I’m aiming to taper off the meds I’m taking in the morning as well. I’m currently taking 300 mg Epitec, Wellbutrin and 5 mg Risperdal in the morning. I can’t see how any shrink can diagnose one with Bipolar Disorder when there are no real signs of highs. I became somewhat depressed in the past, but nothing like the people I saw when I was hospitalised. The psychologist later acknowledged there was no real reason why I should have been in hospital. He thought I was suicidal at the time, which was nonsense. My aim is to be meds free. I’ve been taking these meds for years, and I’m sure it only harms me. I feel mentally strong, ready to take on anything. It is ridiculous seeing a shrink every six months for a repeat prescription for medication I don’t need. As I’ve said, I’m not going to let pills rule my life!

The diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder can be complex, and your shrink may have had good reasons for the diagnosis he made. I hope this feling of mental strength is the real thing, because with a Bipolar high one can feel very confident, similarly, though that confidence is very brittle. Why not consider getting a second opinion, to be able to feel sure about this ?

1
Posted by: Twig | 2007/05/02

0,5 mg Risperdal - not 5 mg. It is such a low dose I'm sure I won't even miss it.

Reply to Twig