Posted by: zola | 2008/08/06

medicine vs its generic

I have had a watery discharge and burning but no rash since the weekend. the pharmacist i saw gave me 4 tablets to take stat as well as an anti fungal cream. my symptoms remained. i saw a doc who prescribed gyno daktarin &  fluconazole. i asked for a generic for gyno daktarin and was given medaspor. will this work as well as gyno daktarin? what generic can i take instead of fluconazole . i do not have enough money for it. also have i been diagnosed correctly? i ask because an anti fungal cream did not work

Hi Zola
Sometimes one has to take the tablets as the cream alone is not enough to get rid of the infection. Did the doctor examine you properly? This could also be signs of a bacterial infection for which you would need antibiotics?
Fluconazole is anti - fungal.
Ask your pharmacist if there aren't cheaper Ketoconazole products available you can use?