Question
Posted by: WORRIED SICK | 2007/06/08

MEDICATION INTERFERENCE WITH PILL.

Please help as I am worried sick. I was on a course of antibiotics (Ceroxim 250mg). I took the last tablet late wednesday night (last week). I abstained from sex until the 7th day (but did not wait until the 8th day-they say wait 7 days) after completing the course (I'm on the Triphasil). I didn't use a condom, and I'm now worried that the antibiotics have caused the pill to be unsafe.Would the pill have been back to normal by the 7th day after taking the anti biotics? I was on the 9th day of my cycle. The pharmacist said Ceroxim does NOT interfere with the pill, but my GP said otherwise. I don't know who to believe. I took the morning after pill just to be on the safe side, but am STILL worried that the effects of the anti-biotics will cause the morning after pill to be ineffective as well. I took the morning after pill 8 days after completing the anti-biotics. PLEASE help!!!!!!!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Dont worry. The chances of becoming pregrant is almost 0%. The precautions that you took should be sufficient