Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2007/02/28

Medication for UTI

Went for my anual check up yesterday - doc said that it looks like i might have a slight UTI and has prescribed Macrodantin.

Got it in a bottle from the chemist without details on the meds so I googled it and found the whole side effects etc. Sounds like major side effects! From hepatitis to fibrosis of the lungs! Is this only when it is taken long term?

Also, how common is the nausea side effect - I hate feeling nauseas!

The serious side effects are rare. I can't tell whether or not you will be nauseous. This varies a lot from person to person.\