Question
Posted by: HARRIE | 2005/11/22

MEDICATION FOR RA

I have recently been diagnosed with RA. My concern is the medication. What is Prednisone and what are the side effects of Prednisone?
I have also learned that the side effects of Methotrexate are loss of hair, mouth sores and more. Is this true? Is there anything that can be done as I don't like to idea of the side effects. What does Methotrexate do?
I also had a heart stent fitted two years ago and understand that I must not take the daily disprin. Is this also true? Should I see my cardiologist considering the tablets I have now been prescribed?
I also take a multi-vitamin every morning, Centrum 50+, can I continue taking this?
Are there RA groups or e-mail people I can correspond with?

Harrie, is RA rheumatoid arthritis? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.

1
Posted by: HARRIE | 2005/11/24

Yes it is Rheumatoid Arthritis

Reply to HARRIE