Question
Posted by: Alex | 2007/02/22

Medication for IBS

I have IBS but the Dr just recommended that I change my diet and do some exercises. I just want to know what medication can I take for this especially bcos once in two weeks I have this sharp pain in my abdomen and dont know what to do. I drink 2L of water a day but the tummy is still there. What should I do. I have started 20 minutes brisk walking 3 times a week but sometimes I am too tired to even go. Could you also please recommend a multivitamin one can take in this heatwave and considering that I have not been eating properly due to a diet.

Dear Alex
Take Probiotics three times a day and Fybogel orange once a day. You can use colofac for cramping. I think Vita-thion would work well for energy.