Question
Posted by: Starlight | 2007/12/11

medication and memory loss

HI. I have been taking camcolit 400 to stabilise my mood swings. Recently I find I have been expereincing bad memory loss,. I find I cant remember simple daily things. Could this be linked to the medication? If so what can I do? Would taking a supplement of Ginko Biloba help?
Thank you!

It'd be best to return to your psychiatrist for a reassessment specifically focussing on these memory issues. Lithium ( Camcolit ) wouldnt usually cause memory problems. I don't think Gingko would be likely to help, and it is still an unproven remedy