Posted by: Smiggi | 2009/09/03


Hi Doctor,
Could you advise me where I could go to get my medication. I was on Wellbutrin and Epitec but I can no longer afford to buy it or to see my Psychiatrist as I was retrenched. I am in Jhb North.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I can' keep track o spciic facilities in particular areas, especially as they change. The Anxiety-Depressiopn Support Group ( number on this page ) should be able to advise, and there should be clinics at Tara and the Medical School, and maybe other reachable hospitals, which may be able to help. Whether both those drugs are on the lists of drugs available at the clinics, is something I'm not sure of, but if not, they should be able to find useful alternatives for you to use.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2009/09/05

Epitec is lamotrigine which is available in several generic versions. It' s on code at all state psych hospitals, so you can get it there. Wellbutrin is still under patent, so I don' t know about that one.
Good luck

Reply to Kay in Gtown

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.