Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2007/08/06

Medication

Hello Doc. Have posted pharmacist but he has not answered me for the second time. I have been put on Detrusitol SR for over active bladder, since then having sexual probs. Also take anti deps. but have only had this problem since the bladder meds. Can the detrusitol be the cause of these problems?

Dear Ruby
The sexual problems could rather be from the antidepressants - maybe the blood levels is a little bit higher because the liver enzymes are now having to metabolize 2 medications. Detrusitol does not have sexual symptoms in their side effect leaflets: see http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/consumers/cmi/d/detrusitol.htm