Question
Posted by: cher | 2007/06/19

medication

hi doc

please advise my doctor explain to me that i shoudnt take any herbal stuff and only pure vitiamins as they can interfere with my anti depresents would this include red bull which also has vitiamins in it i drink red bull twice a week

thankx

Red Bull is rubbish, of no demonstrated benefit to anyone, ever. Its heavily marketed and overpriced. Taken a couple of times a week it probably wouldn't cause harm, but don't expect benefits --- the only guys who get wings from it are the advertising agents. No herbs on the market are of real benefit in Depression, nor in most other conditions, and they could potentially interfere unhelpfully with antidepressants. If you are seeing a doc or preferably a psychiatrist, and are on properly prescribed antidepressants, you shouldn't need anything else, and no herbs could POSSIBLY benefit you more than the proper medicines could