Question
Posted by: Sam | 2005/05/23

Medication

Hi CS

I am currently on Luvox, Geodon and Epilim. I would like to know if I will have a relapse if I skip one months prescription. I don't have a medical aid and also don't have money to pay for this months prescription.

Any advise

I would want to know WHY you are on these medications, to be able to answer better. It's a very expensive combination, which I would not use except if cheaper and equally efective alternatives had been tried and failed.
If you have a simple basic Depression, then only the Luvox would be needed, especially in a first episode of Depression. Other drugs like Epilim are only usually appropriate in Bipolar Disorder ( which used to be called Manic-Depressive ), ie when one has had both "high" manic episodes and "down" depressions. It would be better to call the prescribing doctor, explain that you can't afford this prescription, and ask whether there are not cheaper, generic equivalents or sinmilar drugs, which you could use, instead.