Question
Posted by: L | 2005/01/12

Medical aid options

Hi there,

I rarely get sick and as a result I only have a hospital plan with Discovery. I don't even have a medical savings option with them. As my company does not contribute to our medial aids, I find R700 a month lot of money to pay for 'just in case'. So, I would like to ask you the following:
1) As I have been with Discovery for about 5 years and have a track record with them, would I lose any benefits by changing medial aids?
2) Which other reputable companies should I look at for competitive hospital plans?

Thank you.

Expert ImageArchive

You will not lose benefits by changing from a medical scheme. The new scheme can however apply a 3 month general waiting period.

To provide the most appropriate advice, click on the Optivest link and complete the quotation request.

1
Posted by: Pieter | 2005/01/12

Hello L
Discovery has more cost effective options available as well. there are also other medical schemes that will provide you with excellent hospital cover at a lower premium. Just click on the Optivest logo and the Optivest consultant will be able to provide you with 4 different medical scheme quotes that will suit your needs and your pocket

Reply to Pieter