Question
Posted by: solo | 2008/01/22

medical aid-company contribution

I have recently inform my HR Dep that i am prednant.To my surprise i was told that they do not pay my medical aid,which means i must pay my contribution of 50% and their contribution as well.Meaning in the four months that i am on leave i must pay the company R16000.00 to be cover for the four months.Already they do not pay for the leave or anything but medical aid.This sounds like punishment instead of benefit.In fact i think it is a horror.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

solo you need to make a call to the department of labour and/or speak t your union. you appear to be unnfairly treated - there are clear guidelines and laws assisting you when you fall pregnant. Please get help and get informed. Good luck!