Posted by: IchabodChrane | 2009/07/31

Medical Aid

Hello doc

I pay in the region of R2500 pm to my medical aid group (unnamed for privacy). Of the R30 000 Iam paying in, I get roughly R7500 for GP visits, dentists, medicine. The upshot is that every year I run out of benefits within the first three months, and it costs me a small fortune for the rest of the year. Is there an ethical way to utilise one' s hospital benefits without incurring these ruinous GP bills?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Ask your GP to admit your daughter in a hospital and treat her as a in-hospital patient. All x-rays, scans, medication ect, then be deducted from your hospital benefits. Your daughter who is 16 who is complaining of chronic back pain will have to be fully assessed by an orthropaedic surgeon.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.