Question
Posted by: curious | 2005/07/14

medi-shape diet

hi
i am curious to know what you know of the medi-shape diet.
are there positive results and do you keep the weight off.

Dear Curious
No I have not yet heard about this medi-shape diet, but if it is based on a high-protein, high-fat, zero-carbohydrate regimen then it is not healthy. If this is the case, it is similar to the Atkins diet. To read more about the negative effects of a high-protein, high-fat diet click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and search for the article I published on 'The Atkins Diet' which is based on the Position Paper I prepared for the Association for Dietetics in SA. If this diet uses a balanced approach including foods from all the food groups and is not too energy-restricted (not less than 1500 cal a day), then it should be fine.

5
Posted by: Stella | 2005/07/14

You wont be able to get a copy, you have to pay for the diet, you can go on their website, just type www and the name medi-shape and then dot co dot za.

Reply to Stella
Posted by: nollie | 2005/07/14

Where can I get a copy of this diet

Reply to nollie
Posted by: Marietjie | 2005/07/14

The diet works, although the first 9 days are quite difficult - you only have 1 wheetbix, 1 fruit and 2cups veggies for night. Then gradually the diet becomes more and at the end you can choose food from a list. Works very fast and you have to weigh every 3rd day. Try it - if you can stick to it at the beginning you will make it.

Reply to Marietjie
Posted by: Asha | 2005/07/14

Sorry to sound stupid but is the medi-shape diet is is a eating plan, I need a quick way to loss weight - in order to fall pregant - 10kg over weight.

Reply to Asha
Posted by: Stella | 2005/07/14

I did the diet, and lost almost 20kg, it is not that difficult and also not that expensive. It is all up to you to keep the kilo's off because it is a healthy lifestyle way of living, like all diets, you just have to keep moderation in your mind and you wont pick up even 1 kilo.. Good luck

Reply to Stella