Question
Posted by: TRISTAN | 2003/12/20

measels

Hi, my son is 4. He is having a fever now for the past 3 days. I took him to the dr. this morning, the diagnoses was a bit of flu.
He has been in contact with his step sister, who's 7 month baby brother has measels at the moment.
Can this be measels, he has a slight rash on his back and one cheek, the fever is constant, he is not eating and he seems to have a bit of flu, blocked nose and a bit of coughing.
Genie

Tristan, you should have a clearer idea by the time you receive this reply. Measles can start with flu-like symptoms, but after a few days the child will develop a bright red rash, high fever and will be more than just a little bit sick. The good news is that it seldom causes problems in otherwise healthy children in summer and it should start clearing up within 4-5 days. Good luck.