Question
Posted by: NP | 2005/11/17

Meaning of the term psychosocial

I have a friend who has been involved with disciplinary action at work and a report was submitted to management and it is stated there in that she is psyco social. We have no idea what that means so please can you shed some light on the matter?

Actually, IO have no idea what it might mean in that context. And if the remark was made by anyone without proper training as a shrink, or at least a doctor, then they may be ignorant and misleading. NO employment copnsultant is competent to make ANY diagnosis. If they actually said she was "psychosocial" they were proving that they are illiterate. We speak of psychosocial problems when we mean problems such as we often discuss here, which have psychological and social elements. If they were wanting to indicate that she had a nasty personality, maybe they means to say they thought she was Psychopathic ?

3
Posted by: NP | 2005/11/17

Thank you. The terms seems like a broad reference to social problems and I see it linked to everything from cancer patients to orphans. I just really need detailed info so and also to know whether just any employment consultant can come to this conclusion.

Reply to NP
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/17

check out wwwDOTpsychosocialDOTcom

Reply to Sue 2
Posted by: sue 2 | 2005/11/17

I have looked in 3 diff dictionary's and cant seem to find such a word. I think that they either mean she does not work well with others ( socially ) or that she has become too social at her place of work.
I may very well be totally off the mark here!!

Reply to sue 2