Question
Posted by: Charlene | 2004/11/18

Meaning of dream??<br>Meaning of dream??

I had a very unnerving dream last night. I dreamt the world was coming to an end. The radio stations and tvs were broadcasting that there is bombing every where and that everyone is going to die. They also said that this is their last broadcast so that they could be with their families. Everyone was so sad and crying and saying goodbye. Everything was so black. And everyone was praying and crying.
Could someone perhaps help me with the meaning of this dream. It was terrible.
Thanks in advance.

Over to our team of dream commentators

3
Posted by: Tori | 2004/11/18

The end of anything, featured in a dream, is another contrary symbol signifying new beginnings, unless it was a dead end or cul-de-sac, in which case the symbolism is straightforward and your dream is trying to awaken you to the possibility that you are following a road to nowhere.

Reply to Tori
Posted by: not again | 2004/11/18

It means you were probably thinking about something gloomy before you fell asleep. You might have been watching news or read the paper and all the murder and mayhem in the world was in your thoughts (even subconscious) when you fell asleep.

Reply to not again
Posted by: Moose | 2004/11/18

Bomb

To see a bomb in your dream, signifies that you may be going through a potentially explosive and trying situation in your waking life. The bomb could represent repressed desires and unexpressed emotions that are likely to explode or burst if not dealt with soon. It could be something within yourself, such as the desire to explode with anger over an issue that's affecting you.

To dream of a bomb threat, suggests that you are experiencing some inner anger and/or pressures which are on the verge of exploding into violence.

World

To dream that it is the end of the world, suggests that you are under a tremendous level of stress. You may be feeling vulnerable or helpless in some situation.

Reply to Moose