Question
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2007/03/12

meals

Hi doc

Can you please scan this and tell me more or less how many kcal I'm eating per day..

Whey shake (120kcal)
1 boiled egg
180g fat free yoghurt

1 slice low gi woolworths bread
Half a tin of tuna in brine mixed with some fat free plain yoghurt and cucumber.

1 pear
1 peach or prickly pear
2 chocolate cadbury suckers

2 pieces of chicken (no skin) or beef baked with a little olive oil and spice
200g baked sweet potato or 50g cooked brown rice
Salad with fat fee feta, lettuce, onion, apple, pepperdews or broccoli and cauliflower with reduced fat cheese sauce
180g slimmers choice woolworths frozen yoghurt

I do burn about 400-500 calories at the gym every morning 4-5 times a week, I'm 30 years old, and 1.69 tall

Thanks for all your help doc

Dear Elizabeth
I don't work out energy intakes for my Readers as this takes a long time. There are also a number of foods in your menu which do not appear in the SA Food Tables, so I can't work out how many cal they contain (e.g. the reduced fat cheese sauce. However, I would say that your diet is low energy and should promote weight loss. I am pleased to see that you are ingesting adequate amounts of yoghurt to ensure that you obtain 1000 mg of calcium a day. Keep up the good work with the exercise and continue with this diet, which is a good low GI diet (except for the choc suckers!) and I am sure you will lose weight.