Posted by: Fred | 2008/10/27

Meal, sports, supplement

Please assist:

I am trying to achieve max fat loss and contribute to muscle gain (smaller extent), and i don' t know if i need supplements and if i do, i dont know what?
Ultimately, after a few years of neglect, I am trying to get my body back into the right shape (six pack and ripped)

I am currently in shape (just not the right one) I weight around 100kg, 6” 3’ , waist 38.

My new diet (hopefully) will look something like this:
6:30 Smoothie
10:30 Nuts / veg sticks
13:00 Mail daily meal (protein, carbs, veg)
16:30 fruit
20:30 Protein meal (chicken breast / steak and salad)

My training schedule forces me to eat my main meal at lunch time where possible.
Currently I train Mon - Wed (18:00 - 20:00) and matches on Thursday (same time)

I am hoping to add a lot of training to my current schedule
5:30 Swim / gym (alternating days) Monday to Friday (friday will be both a swim and gym)
Saturday (cardio)
Sunday (light waterpolo training)

Please may I ask that you assist with the supplement side and / or comment on the proposed schedule and diet.

I could really use the help.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Fred

You have asked many questions and there is no short answers to them and unfortunately I cannot help you as I do not have the specifics because the starting point is to calculate what your calorie need per day would be and that is based on what you want to weigh, at what body fat percentage, and even more specifically the details of your training program per week as you would need to calculate how many calories you will require therefore over a week. Even in your diet that you mentioned you did not give me specifics e.g. what is in your smoothie and at what portions?

The next problem is that you cannot loose body fat and increase muscle mass effectively at the same time as the one need less calories and the other a positive calorie balance.

I suggest you look into the archives of the questions that I have answered – you will certainly find sufficient info to help you on the right way.

Good luck and congratulations with making the decision to improve your physique!

Take care