Question
Posted by: Vroom! | 2008/01/21

Meal Replacements

Hello,

I am 16, and for my sport I need to be sinewy, toned and lean. I actively partake in motorsport and need this type of body in order to help with my performance on my bike.

I have a bodyfat percentage of 6.8%, weigh 67kg and am 179cm tall. Though I am not very much toned and tight.

I am taking the EVOX- 5x Muscle Meal as a post-wrokout recovery drink within the 1 hour period after gym.

Is this the right product to take or should I rather use a Protein blend?

Also after training, I use a Musclescience Staminade Recovery drink which has 31g carbs, 15g protein as well as added l-glutamine and all that jazz.

Do you think I am on the right path with what I'm doing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank You

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Vroom

Yes you are on the right track! Suggestion is to take a serving of Staminade which you drink some of before and the rest during your training – you can even take another immediately after a strenuous training session. Follow with your Muscle Meal within 45 minutes after completing your training. Increase your calorie intake to improve your tone and physique – muscles can only develop under sufficient nutritional conditions (sufficient calories).

Take care.
Vanessa

1
Posted by: Vroom/Drizzle | 2008/01/24

Thank you!

Though I wanted to ask you one more thing. Because for motorbiking, you need to be lean toned and tight should I not rather be using a protein blend (EVOX Synergy Whey) to pack on lean muscle and to get this sort of physique? Or would a muscle meal MRP like the EVOX -5x Muscle Meal be a better one to take (it has a protein carb ratio of 20g carbs 20g protein 1:1).

Wouldn't the protein blend be better with it's 40 grams of protein lend to help with my sport or would you still recommend the musclemeal?

Thanks!

Reply to Vroom/Drizzle