Question
Posted by: Earthmama | 2007/03/05

M.E. /CFIS / Yuppie Flu

Dear Doc

Why is there no information on M.E. this is a severly dibilitating disease, that everyone seems to be wanting to ignore. It affects at least 10% of Americans and Europeons. There are no figures available for South Africa, simply because there is no research being done in South Africa.
The suicide rate for M.E. is higher than cancer, because patients are being told there is no cure and no treatment. In USA and the UK they are constantly researching and developing treatments. Why Not In South Africa ?

Dear Earthmama
I think in South Africa it has only been recognized as a seperate entity in the past 5-6 years and I know that Prof Helgaard Meyer of University of Pretoria did quite a lot of work on it. There definitely is treatment for this!!
The best specialist to see would be a rheumatologist.

3
Posted by: Mrs Mhlongo | 2013/05/24

Dear Doc, please assist I have a sister's friend who has been diagnosed with Yuppie Flu. this was not explained clearly to them by the person who gave the diagnosis. Their sister has been in and out of hospitals, they have even ran out of money to take her to the Doctors and hospital. sometimes the just give her panado. this person stays in South Coast. Is there a State Doctor that can she see that specializes in this disease since most of her family members are living on temp jobs. I am contactable at : Nomonde.Mhlongo @sasa.org.za Your assistance will be highly appreciated Doc.

Reply to Mrs Mhlongo
Posted by: Mrs Mhlongo | 2013/05/24

Reply to Mrs Mhlongo
Posted by: Mrs Mhlongo | 2013/05/24

Reply to Mrs Mhlongo