Question
Posted by: Inconsolable | 2007/07/15

me again

I'm sorry I'm here again, I'm trying so hard not to break apart but I've reached my final tether...I'm just done and I just don't know how to handle this. Logic and theories just do not work in practice. I can't deal with this. I'm not strong enough and I hate feeling like this. I wish I could explain but I don't even have the one person that could make me feel better in my life anymore. I have nothing. I'm just done. I don't know what to do. I'm sorry I don't want to complain here and I don't want to continue moaning but I'm just I don't even have the words for it. I wish someone, something could make this better. I feel so alone and used. I'm really trying to be positive but I just can't anymore. I'm tired of feeling like this and I can't even sleep it all away because I have to go to work and still do all my responsibilities etc. I just can't cope. I've never been the type of person that can handle things and how am I suppose to do it now without my rock in life.

When you feel that you're reaching the end of your tether, get a brand new tether. You are trapping yourself in absolutist thinking. He was NOT, absolutely definitively NOT, "one person that could make me feel better in my life anymore" --- nobody is that, to anybody. Maybe he was, up to now, the one person who DID perform that useful function. But as soon as you declare that he was the only one, you are declaring that nobody else will ever be allowed to ( including yourself, who has the primary duty to make yourself feel better, or alllow yourself to feel better). YOu do NOT have nothing --- you have general physical health, you have indeed everything you ever had in your life EXCEPT him. But you are declaring EVERYTHING to be worthless, compared with him.
Nobody else, including him, can make this feel better --- except for a powerful combination --- YOU, plus TIME. It takes time. Wish it didn't, but it does. You WILL feel better eventually, probably sooner than you can imagine right now. He was A rock in your life, not THE rock, and there will be other rocks, including yourself, if you don't ignore them.
DO see a personal counsellor as soon as possible, as there is no need for you to continue feeling so hopeless and helpless.

2
Posted by: meerkat | 2007/07/15

Goodness me, you need professional help. If you don't have anyone to listen, pay someone to listen. Preferably recommended, as there are good and useless out there. Obviously what you are doing is not working, so try something else. Good luck.

Reply to meerkat
Posted by: inconsolable | 2007/07/15

I just can't explain how impossible the situation feels when I can't go back to him because of the problems but I can't cope without him either. I'm just so trapped. I'm tired of this feeling. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of having to pretend everything is fine and I will be fine when I can't even believe it myself.

Reply to inconsolable