Question
Posted by: Adie | 2007/05/22

MDR TB

Hi Doctor. I have been on treatment now for about 8 months. for the last few weeks though the meds have been making me very nauseas. i have been taking maxalon before i take the tb medsbut it does not seem to help. please advise if there is something i could take for the nauseas

Thank you.

Dear Adie
This is a well known side effect of isoniazide and Pirazinamide (INH and PZN) - please inform your doctor as they need to review the dosages. Try taking something like Essentiale to help your liver but you need to have your liver enzymes checked to prevent liver damage.