Question
Posted by: sick | 2007/07/23

MCS Compensation

I suspect that I have developed Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome due to overexposure to printing solvents at my previous company. ( A work health specialist is busy evaluating my case). I have become increasingly intolerant to chemicals and will probably have to quit my present job as a result. My future employment prospects look very bleak as I have even developed an intolerance to aircon. Do you think litigation is viable? (I cannot afford expensive private attorneys)

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Thank you for this interesting query. I do believe that litigation is only viable if in fact the workman's compensation commissioner advises you to do same. Normally if you are registered with the workman's compensation commissioner the companies have indemnity. Furthermore, many companies have private insurance and it would be worthwhile asking them to let you have these details.

MICHAEL BAGRAIM