Posted by: sick | 2007/07/23

MCS Compensation

I suspect that I have developed Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome due to overexposure to printing solvents at my previous company. ( A work health specialist is busy evaluating my case). I have become increasingly intolerant to chemicals and will probably have to quit my present job as a result. My future employment prospects look very bleak as I have even developed an intolerance to aircon. Do you think litigation is viable? (I cannot afford expensive private attorneys)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Thank you for this interesting query. I do believe that litigation is only viable if in fact the workman's compensation commissioner advises you to do same. Normally if you are registered with the workman's compensation commissioner the companies have indemnity. Furthermore, many companies have private insurance and it would be worthwhile asking them to let you have these details.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.