Question
Posted by: aimee | 2006/07/19

maybe baby blues?

my daughter is 5 months old and i want to know if i can still get "baby blues". Most of the time i feel overwhelmed and i almost never enjoy anything anymore. I feel like a o.k mommy, but not as good as what i would like to be. I feel very tired and i mostly have no patience. Do u think i am depressed and do u think i need some kind of medication?

You're allowed to get some form of "Baby Blues" well after the birth, and surely at 5 months. See a good local Gp or shrink for assessment, as to whether there is Depression present, and what treatment would help best. Medication may well help, as could counselling

1
Posted by: Jen | 2006/07/19

Hi Aimee
It is quite possible that you are suffering from postnatal depression. I have been diagnosed with this recently and my baby is two years old already !! This is the second time I have had PN depression. Get help. Don't waste another moment not enjoying your little one to the fullest. Also it is very important to take time out for yourself. Get granny in to babysit and go to a day spa, or go away with your hubby for a weekend. If you don't spend time getting yourself happy and relaxed, you will never have the patience to deal with the needs of your baby. Speak to your GP, he will be able to help you, and you won't look back.

Reply to Jen