Question
Posted by: Bris | 2007/08/08

May be preg

Hubby and i have been trying to fall preg. I calculated that I finished ovulating on Monday this week (6 Aug). On Tues I came down with a serious throat infection - I have been treating it with Myprodol and Corenza C but its not getting better - thick head, sore throat. It is ok for me to take Myprodol & Corenza if we've been having unprotected intercourse (in case I am preg)? What antibiotic will be ok for me to take?
I had a miscarriage about 2 months ago and was in the same situation when I first fell preg, had hectic flu and was on 3 sets of antibiotics - I am just hoping taking meds again won't cause a reoccurance of the miscarriage. Thanks for your help!

Dear Bris
Rather only take Panado and Drixine nose spray, and you can take Amoxil antibiotic. The antihistamines and anti-inflammatories are not recommended in pregnancy. Corenza contains aspirin and Myprodol contains Brufen and codeiene