Question
Posted by: meg | 2004/11/22

Max Planck diet

I have just started on the Max Planck diet, but I'm feeling dizzy as well as peckish. The diet claims that you lose 4-9 kg in two weeks and keep the weight off for 3 years if you follow the diet strictly because it changes your metabolism.
Please tell me what you think.
Thanx

Dear Meg
I think that this is another fad diet and that the reputable Max Planck Institutes would be horrified to hear that their name is being used in connection with such an unbalanced diet. Any diet that promises such massive weight loss is a scam and you won't keep that weight off either. I would caution you to rather use a balanced diet and exercise which results in slow and steady weight loss, than this fad diet that may cause harm.
Take great care

44
Posted by: KEM | 2016/02/28

Hi good people, can one tell me if i can continue with the diet for more than 2 weeks? Add another week?

Reply to KEM
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/20

On day seven dinner, where it says you can eat anything, does this really mean anything at all?

Posted by: Ahmed | 2016/02/07

Tomorrow I begin day 8. Hate the damn diet, but if feel and look slim. First day was great, then day 3 a bit grumpy. Today (day 7) was horrible... I guess cos it was Sunday and I didnt have my usual beloved breakfast. But I am soldiering on to my eighth day and feeling positive this "fab" diet really works.

Reply to Ahmed
Posted by: Nino | 2016/01/23

I'm on day 6 ..now I hope this diet works its been a struggle thou with the craving.I haven't weigh my self but will do that after 13 day.

Reply to Nino
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/01

day 5 and feeling dizzy, legs feel weak. Is this because I'm on the MP diet and working out at the gym 6 days for 1hr????

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/30

hello to everyone on this diet plan....I'm on my 4th day not sure what the scales would read don't own one...but...my pants were tight around my hips, some days I would have to unloosen the button to BREATHE...but....now I have room to breathe. I actually couldn't believe it myself until I sat down...WOW!!! I can BREATHE easily. 10 more days to go. I will share the rest off my story once I reach the finish line. Good luck to me (-:

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/01

good luck

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/09

Hi guys, I finished week 1 and cheated on day 11 with 2 pieces of chocolate. Should I continue or back out? Wonderful results so far.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/20

Please email me the entire diet. Thanks. Ravval@yahoo.com

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/01

Hey guys! I just started this diet but I am wondering if I can use salt or other spices on the steak?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/07

The first time I was on this diet I had a lot to lose... Lost 28 kg in 11 weeks When i went back to eating normally i gained 3 kg but then after a month or so lost it again without dieting 2 years later and I'm back on but this time round i only need to lose 6 kg to be my ideal bmi Ladies and gents this diet does work

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/07

Posted by: Quinette du Toit | 2014/09/08

Can you please email me the 11 page diet plan. Regards quinettedt@gmail.com

Reply to Quinette du Toit
Posted by: Wendy | 2014/03/12

I have done this diet a couple of times and weight loss is remarkable.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: sanele | 2014/02/14

Hi Meg Im on a diet, but ive lost 6kgs , should i cary on with it for another 13 days to lose more

Reply to sanele
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/02/02

Interesting, please email me the diet on ontiretse_omphile@live.co.za

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/02/02

Posted by: Ilze | 2013/11/19

Any one here with insulin resistance that tried the diet?

Reply to Ilze
Posted by: Pat | 2013/10/30

Is there anyone that has done this diet for 4 weeks instead of 2? I am on week 1 and the results are great but I really need to lose a lot more than 9 kg.

Reply to Pat | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Kathy | 2015/05/06

Hi Pat , I've done this diet for about 6 weeks in total and lost 28 pounds.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/05

Hi What if you dont eat beef or pork? Please help.

Posted by: i am on this diet and it does work!! this is now m | 2013/07/24

13

Reply to i am on this diet and it does work!! this is now m

13

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/12

please send me the 11 page diet on zaykes@gmail.com

Posted by: Dennie | 2005/08/26

JUST ANOTHER FAKE DIET!!!
I was on the MP diet and yes, it does work but believe me, the 5kg's that I've lost, I've regained within a month. I needed to loose some weigh "quickly" and as I mentioned, within two weeks (keeping very strict to the diet), I've lost the k's. I went back to normal eating but with more balanced regular meals and a month later I weighed two k's more than before I started with the MP diet. My advice is, check your daily routine and fit a healthy nutrition filled eating habit into it. This is the best way of losing weight and it is healthy. I've lost 10 kg's over 5 months now by just eating healthy and taking the dog for a walk around the block. DRINK A LOT OF WATER…

Reply to Dennie | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/31

I was on this diet and lost 48kgs and it stayed off for over 3 years

Posted by: knorrie | 2004/12/11

I have been on this diet before and it definitely works! I am currently on it gain (Day 8) - did definitely not maintain my weight for 3 years... - and feel great. I can feel that I have lost weight and I do not long for other food, am quite happy to eat what I have to on this diet. Just one important thing I want to stress - DRINK A LOT OF WATER!!!!! I try to drink at least 2 litres per day.

Reply to knorrie
Posted by: Aaaa | 2004/11/24

DAY 1 MON
Breakfast - Black coffee, no sugar – as much as you want
Lunch - 2 Boiled eggs and spinach, a little salt
Supper - 1 Big grilled steak, green salad and any fruit

DAY 2 TUE
Breakfast Black coffee, no sugar and 1 dry brown whole wheat toast
Lunch -1 Medium grilled steak, green salad, any fruit
Supper -Cooked ham in limitless quantities

DAY 3 WED
Lunch -2 Boiled eggs, green salad, fresh tomatoes
Supper -Cooked ham, green salad

DAY 4 THU
Lunch -1 Boiled egg, carrots (cooked or raw) and Weightless cheese
Supper -Fresh fruit and natural Yogurt
DAY 5 FRI

Breakfast Grated carrots with lemon juice and black coffee, no sugar
Lunch -Steamed fish and fresh tomatoes
Supper -1 Big grilled steak, green salad any fruit

DAY 6 SAT
Lunch -Half grilled chicken
Supper -2 Boiled eggs and grated carrots

DAY 7 SUN
Breakfast Tea with lemon juice, no sugar, no milk
Lunch -1 Grilled steak & fresh fruit
Supper -NOW YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT

Reply to Aaaa
Posted by: Aaaa | 2004/11/24

No you are nog allowed to swop - there is a reason why you have to eat it like it is. Each day as it is on the diet.

Reply to Aaaa
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/11/24

When should you eat what? Can you decide what under each day as indicated you want to have for Breakfast, Lunch and Supper?

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: aaaa | 2004/11/24

THE MAX PLANK DIET

A TWO WEEK DIET FROM THE INSTITUTE FOR NUTRITION

If this diet (over 14 days) is strictly adhered to (with no changes at all), you will loose 9kg. Because this diet constitutes a change in your metabolism you should not gain weight again for at least 3 years.
If you find there is some food which you don’t eat – tough! You will have to eat it, as you are not allowed to swap.
You can drink as much black coffee, water, soda water as you want. Please note that the green salad means just that – all the green vegetables used here have to be classified as green vegetables, e.g. lettuce, cucumber, green peppers, baby marrow, green beans etc (Any veg. that is green)

DAY 1 MON
Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
Black coffee, no sugar – as much as you want
2 Boiled eggs and spinach, a little salt
1 Big grilled steak, green salad and any fruit
DAY 2 TUE
Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
Black coffee, no sugar and 1 dry brown whole wheat toast
1 Medium grilled steak, green salad, any fruit
Cooked ham in limitless quantities
DAY 3 WED
Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
2 Boiled eggs, green salad, fresh tomatoes
Cooked ham, green salad
DAY 4 THU
Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
1 Boiled egg, carrots (cooked or raw) and Weightless cheese
Fresh fruit and natural Yogurt
DAY 5 FRI
Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
Grated carrots with lemon juice and black coffee, no sugar
Steamed fish and fresh tomatoes
1 Big grilled steak, green salad any fruit
DAY 6 SAT
Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
Half grilled chicken
2 Boiled eggs and grated carrots
DAY 7 SUN
Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
Tea with lemon juice, no sugar, no milk
1 Grilled steak & fresh fruit
NOW YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT

REPEAT DIET FROM DAY 1

Reply to aaaa
Posted by: CC | 2004/11/23

Hi Meg,
I am so desperate for that diet, if you could find the time and the geart to e-mail it to me as well i would really appreciate it.
sandy dot goodall at trident dot co dot za
please Meg.

Reply to CC
Posted by: minime | 2004/11/23

hi meg i think you can use my email in sted.
jriet at weathersa dot co dot za

i really would desperately love to have a copy of this diet if you dont mind sharing it with me.
fax will take to long and it seem to be alot of pages.

many thanx
minime

Reply to minime
Posted by: Sthololo | 2004/11/23

Hi Meg here is my fax no 0118353410,thank u very much Meg may God bless you.

Reply to Sthololo
Posted by: Meg | 2004/11/23

Hi Sthololo
Give me your fax number and I'll fax it to you.

Reply to Meg
Posted by: minime | 2004/11/23

can you also send me this diet i am truly desperate because i've just about gave up on loosing weight
fax it to 0 2 1 3 6 7 6 0 4 2
please it wil have to be my last attempt

Reply to minime
Posted by: El | 2004/11/23

Dear Meg
In connection with the dizzy feeling, I had exactly the same problem. I’m suffering from low blood pressure and had to stop after 1 week – doctor’s orders. But this is truly an amazing diet and believe me if you follow it very strictly you will lose a lot of weight. I won't say 9 kg and 3 years is a very long time to keep you weight if you don’t watch your diet but this is the only diet that works for me. Just be very careful, as soon as you start feeling worse rather start eating normal again.

Reply to El
Posted by: Sthololo | 2004/11/23

Hi there Meg is it possible that u fax me your diet,i also want to loose weight quickly.

Reply to Sthololo
Posted by: meg | 2004/11/22

It is a long diet (11 pages) so if you interested, give me your email and I'll send it to you

Reply to meg | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Franky | 2015/04/20

Hello Meg, Could you please send me the diet here is my email address ---franky.ida.marclay@gmail.com

Posted by: Sonja | 2013/07/18

email: witbank@solidarity.co.za for the 11 page diet. please

Posted by: Lol | 2004/11/22

Please tell me more about this diet. What are you eating and drinking. I need also to loose weight fast. Your help will be appreciated.

Reply to Lol