Question
Posted by: Surromom | 2008/05/26

Maternity leave for surrogate

I am a two times surrogate mother and am planning my third surrogacy. My last two were during my employ at my present company. Before I was given "permission" to do the second one I had to write a formal request to the Directors of the firm detailing why I want to do it and I had to say that it would be my last pregnancy ever.

What I want to know is how legally binding is that piece of paper where I said it would be my last pregnancy? Also, by law is my firm allowed to dictate how many pregnancies I can have and the time frame between them? The last child will be 2 in Dec.

Please help me, this is really very urgent as I need to know how safe my job is before I continue with the fertility treatment.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

even if you are a surrogate you are entitled to maternity leave. Any agreement depriving you from this leave is unacceptable.