Question
Posted by: Tassadar | 2007/11/27

Masturbation Addiction

I prefer masturbation above sex. I like doing it in public and the thrill of getting caught drives this addiction/urge. I am married and I don't know how to stop this. I hurt my wife severely when I do this. It is just that when I do this I become another person, one that does not give a damn. I'm fed up because I can't get help because I don't have enough money to pay for professional help. Please help me??? I hate and fear what I have become.

Lets sort this out. Nobody is addicted to masturbation. YOu may do it excessively, as some people do when they are stressed and anxious about something else ( orgasm is, literally, a handy source of good feelings and relaxation. But you seem to be talking about something way beyond normal masturbation --- you are speaking of exhibitionism and getting a thril from sexual activity ( which probably has to be with yourself as nobody else would be foolish enough to want to publically expose themselves with you ) and the thrill of running the risk mof getting caught. This is indeed a bad habit with a very serious risk of getting into trouble that will spoil your life and that of your wife and family, and you need to seek expert psch help asap. Are you cetain you can't afford some sessions with a good local shrink ? If not, arange to see someone at the dept of psychiatry or psychology at your nearest medical school, as they could assess and help you find treatment at a cost related to your earnings/

3
Posted by: KABIR | 2008/01/31

how to stop masturbation

Reply to KABIR
Posted by: anon | 2007/11/27

You need to replace your behaviour with something else, its a trade off....every time you catch yourself wanting to do it in public......stop, think, HOW ARE YOU FEELING at that moment, recognise and acknowledge your feeling, once identified, then do SOMETHING ELSE, to replace that behaviour. You may in fact suffer from a form of OCD, you may find that once you swop one form, you may do something else obsessivly or compulsively.

Are you looking for some form of recognition, what has affected your self confidence, self esteem, when did this begin, how long has it been going on for, its like you are asking for help, you want to be caught.

So now you have asked for help, the appropriate way, help is there for you, if you want it. You can also contact MENS SEX CLINIC, I think the acronym is SASHA... Contact Lifeline above and they can give you their number.

If you value your marriage and you wife, you will seek help asap.

Reply to anon
Posted by: used to | 2007/11/27

I used to be just like you except that mine was done privately.it got to a point where it felt like i was forced to do even if i didn't feel like it.my hubby had no idea i was doing it even now.but somehow i got my mind occupied and stopped.

Reply to used to