Posted by: karan | 2008/11/28


hi i am 24 years old male. i have been masturbating from the age of 15. i know masturbation is not harmful but i am worried about the technique which is biologically called Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome, I am tryind to avoid but i have failed. do i need to consult a doctor?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

I would suggest that you seek the assistance of a sexologist or medical doctor that specifically works in the filed of sexual health. Change is often not easy and when we feel that we are not managing on our own the assistance of a professional that can provide some guidance is most of the time useful. The professional might also assist you in exploring the underlying “resistance” to the change and explore other avenues. I strongly recommend that you visit the following website for more useful information www.sexual you are also welcome to contact the following helpline where they could assist you in getting in touch with a sexologist as close as possible to you – 0860100262 ask the operator for the SASHA helpline.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.