Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2007/11/27

massage pain

I had a full body aromatherapy 2 days ago. It felt quite good but six hours later I had really bad back pain - lower back muscle stiffness. I have been trying to find if massage should hurt like this and have not seen anything so far. I have had a massage before but never pain like this. A day later I had to take a mybulen - i usually take about three pain tablets a year so for me that is very unusual. While she was masaging the therapist asked if I have lower back pain - which I don't - as it felt warm - so I have gone from no pain and wanting some papmering to intense pain that looks like it will take a few days to clear. Many thanks. Patricia

Hallo Patricia
You may have a muscle spasm - try heat ( hotwater bottle - just warm not boiling hot - on the area) and voltaren gel, try anti-inflammatory like Brufen with a muscle relaxant like Adcodol/Robaxin ( only if you aren't allergic to any of the ingredients). If this does not help, a physiotherapist may be the next step!
dr Bets