Question
Posted by: sally | 2007/04/01

Massage

Dear Doc

My hubby goes for sensual massage and from your forum i notice you say men who go to wank palaces could get an std.But how as there is no genital to genital contact,and i have never heard of a person having an std on their hands.

Am confused and concerned.

Thasks

Dear Sally
It is possible - but very unlikely as one can get herpes or HPV on the hands theoretically but I doubt if any place would allow someone to work with obvious disease.
See:
1. Skin-to-skin contact (including hand-to-genital transmission) is possible with several diseases. In addition, genital-oral contact can transmit nearly all of the STDs. That is why it is important to limit intimate contact (including oral sex, outercourse and intercourse) until you are in a stable, monogamous relationship. The US Surgeon General recommended remaining abstinent until marriage as the best choice to avoid STD infection (Surgeon Generals Report, June 2001). http://www.awaitandfind.org/tstd.htm
2. Researchers know very little about the transmission of HPV. The disease is highly contagious and spread through skin to skin contact with the infected area. Hands can transfer HPV from one person’s genitals to another’s. However, the strain of HPV that causes warts on the hands is not the same type as that which causes genital warts. http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=stds&refid=037

1
Posted by: Theresa | 2007/04/01

Sally, why don't you give your husband a sensual massage.

I am sure he would enjoy it more. Aren't you worried that he can pass something on to you going to these so called massage parlours. By the way thats not just what takes place there....you might be very trustful or ignorant but they don't just massage. See Candy's posts on Cybershrink's forum.

Reply to Theresa