Question
Posted by: ZEE | 2004/01/20

MARVELON

I have been trying to conceive for 5 years and was diagnosed with PCOS, and have been on glucophage and folic acid for 2 years and been put on marvelon for about 6 months to regulate my period. I have also been on clomid and fertomid and both have failed as my LH and FSH Levels were too high.

My gynae advised that my LH and FSH levels have no come down and that if I wanted I could start with fertility again. I have one problem though, my husband works in another city and he doesnt plan when to come home due to work, therefore we cannot be on fertility.

My question: I am still on Marvelon, and my period is the regular 28 days. What would my chances of pregnancy be if I were to leave the Marvelon for a couple of months and try to fall pregnant. Is this advisable?

Unfortunately, the Pill does not cure PCOS so, if you were not ovulating before, the chances are that you probably will not ovulate when you stop the Pill. It is often difficult to induce ovulation in women with PCOS, but there are other options if Clomid does not work. It may be best to see a fertility expert.