Question
Posted by: Singleton | 2008/05/21

Married women

Why do most married women have holier than thou attitudes and look at us single women with so much scorn? Some of them have husbands whose behaviour outside of the home is worse than that of a veld pig! It's one thing if you are known to be a man snatcher and another if someone hardly knows you and the minute they find out your single status, resent you!

Many, perhaos, at times. But most ? I'm sure it may feel that way to you. People who behave that way towards others should be pitied

7
Posted by: Maria | 2008/05/21

I'm a married woman and single women don't bother me. I was single until the age of 34 and that didn't bother me either. Honestly, the responsibility lies with the man to react or not react if a woman tries to get his attention. Sure a single woman shouldn't try to mess with a married man, and he shouldn't respond, but why assume that he will?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Mrs. | 2008/05/21

Perhaps its because so many unmarried (and even married women) make themselves cheap and available to men. Who are just as cheap and will take anything offered to them.

Some married women do look after themselves, and are much more attractive than many unmarried women. All unmarried women definitely do not look any better than most married women. Some unmarried women have to be cheap to get a mans attention, and they are so hard up they dont care weather they are married or not.

Mrs (and most definitely not threatened nor jealous of hard up women).

Reply to Mrs.
Posted by: Britty | 2008/05/21

Yes, it is a territorial thing for us married ladies - especially for the married ladies in their fifties as young single and free ladies seem so attractive to our husbands and we cannot bear the idea of losing our comfortable lives and the respectability of long marriages. Most of us have worked hard during our marriages sacrificing so much and its so upsetting when young and single ladies want the husbands we have done so much for. So when we look at you with suspicion pity us and be kind to us as one day you may be experiencing the same thing. I never realised what is was like when I was single how insecure many married women were.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: SR | 2008/05/21

Its a terrritorial thingy yes .... whilst they are busy chasing away the young single fillies from the front door their husbands are jumping out the back window.

It's a barnyard I tell ya

Reply to SR
Posted by: ann | 2008/05/21

Those married women are just jelous and feel threatened!!

Reply to ann
Posted by: Shazz | 2008/05/21

I've stayed away from parties where mostly couples are invited because of that reason. The women seem to think that because you are single, their husbands will automatically look at you and vice versa.

There's one at work that keeps staring at me and I know it's because of the above reasons (her husband works here, they spend every tea time, lunchtime, etc. together). I suspect it was him that called me in the middle of the night a few years ago to tell me that he likes me - this was before they got married.

Mind you, the suspicious wives, I think, are the ones whose husbands HAVE actually strayed.

My advice, make sure the hosts invite single guys next time before accepting an invite.

Reply to Shazz
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/21

i have had some married women look at me from head to toe. I think because they envy that you as a young women look so good. but thats just isolated and i dont think all married women are the same.

Reply to almost mad