Question
Posted by: Visitor here | 2008/06/09

Married couples

Are there any gay or lesbian married couples here? If so, how did getting married impact on your relationships? And how long were you together before you decided to marry? We're together for 3 years and my partner wants to get married but I have reservations about the effect it will have on us.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

4
Posted by: Ollie | 2008/06/24

My wife and I got married last year October after being together 4 years. It has made our relationship more "normal" (dare I say that?!) Even our families consider as to be a normal, married couple. It's awesome & recommendable

Reply to Ollie
Posted by: Tsus | 2008/06/11

My partner & I have been together for 8 years, and we're getting married this coming Saturday :) Why get married after being together for so long? Other than it being a good excuse for a party, for us it will be an affirmation of the love we have for each other & the commitment we have to our relationship. Since making the decision to take this step I've had no doubts at all, it definitely is the right one & I know that it will just make our relationship stronger. I'm looking forward to my love & my best friend also becoming my wife :)

Reply to Tsus
Posted by: Bigpalm | 2008/06/10

My bf and I got married in October last year after being together for nearly two years - yeah somebody is going to say - thats a bit short but you just know when it is right. The relationship has just got better and better since the wedding and we have both just realised our common dream (that we both had prior to meeting each other) of owning a farm in the Midlands. Like any relationship, marriage does not change the fundamentals you still need to work at it but go for it - married life is awesome.

Reply to Bigpalm
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/06/10

My bf and I are together for 3 years as well and we are getting married next month

Reply to Gareth