Question
Posted by: hubbie | 2007/03/05

marriage

doc, men are rated by how much they can do for a woman in a marriage. In return the woman must do as little as possible otherwise she lowers herself. I have read many magazines lately from Mens Health to Rooi Rose etc. All they focus on is women ie how men must please woman and how woman get done in. Nothing other way round.
You have to be good looking, subordinate, wealthy, a metro man etc etc.
I have learnt that woman do not know the words "sorry" no matter how wrong they are. My male friends agree. Woman do not want the bacon - they want the pig too.
I work on construction sites day in day out in heat,cold and rain. The black subcontractors have black women working for them too. I was wondering if a white woman has a clue what working in these circumstances entail. To these people it is raw survival.

My experience is these white woman are never happy - they just want more and more.

Sorry you've met some selfish and greedy women so far --- they do exist, and some irresponsible journalists do encourage the view ( actually highly disrespectful of real women ) that women need to be pampered by men and think of nobody but themselves. But don't over-generalize --- fortunately many women are very diferent from the sub-species you're describing.
Some useful responses here, with real thought --- and some silly ones, too, sadly

8
Posted by: Woman | 2007/03/06

Why don't you go live with a man - a gay one!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: T | 2007/03/05

You silly Man!! So stop complaining! Get a Divorce! And go live on your own!!! Maybe then you'll be happy...... Lonely but Happy.......

Reply to T
Posted by: My opinion | 2007/03/05

The thing is, none of us are in the same situation. Some woman might feel like you do and some men might. I feel like you, nothing is ever good enough for my husband, and I have started to think about myself now and just refuse to give in. I feel like I am the only one in the house thinking about what needs to be done or get done, and I am struggeling couse I cannot think, remember, get to everything on time. I have a husband that is almost never at home, by his own choice, not work. He is not having an affair, I wish he was. Why don't I just leave, I don't have the strenght for it now, but know I have to make a change for my own sanity and for the kids.

Reply to My opinion
Posted by: Woman | 2007/03/05

Hey, one of our projects is involved in education. Do you have any idea how many women civil engineers that we are producing these days --- black women civil engineers that are very good. But guess that is wrong according to hubbie. Who ever heard of an engineer actually visiting their site and climbing up it and getting involved with it?

Reply to Woman
Posted by: just me | 2007/03/05

peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck peck

Reply to just me
Posted by: Joanne E | 2007/03/05

mmmmm. I wonder how much this "hubbie" does in the home and if when he gets his supper he even thanks his poor wife.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/05

Now u r generalising. Let's see -- how many women here get up 1 or 2 hours before the family, cook breakfast, make sure everyoine has clean and ironed clothes for work and school, pack the lunches, get everyone up - make sure the family eats breakfast while skipping yourself as you are trying to find the things that the kids lost and need for school TODAY and they only tell you while they are earting breakfast. Then we dash to work, work all day -- on lunch break we have a frazzled rush to get stuff for school projects, and food for the family. Rush home, cook clean, wash, help with home work and projects.......

so yes, I am a white woman but I am happy and I don't want more. and my white husband is bald and limps as he has had half his bones smashed in two seperate MVA's. And I know what goes on. I called our work cleaner today to not come in as it is pouring with rain and she walks to work (so do I incidentally but I live a bit closer)

Why don't you ask a real woman instead of a magazine or a blow up doll what we want and you might be surprised! My husband won't win any prizes for Mr Universe or anything like that, but to me he is my king, and my other half, he completes me and he treats me like a lady.

Mullet!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Gracie | 2007/03/05

Don't generalise not all women are the same. Everything I want, I work very hard for - I seldom ask my husband for anything. As I said before, not all women are the same, maybe you just got the wrong one!!! If and when my husband gives me something or does something for me I am very appreciative, it's more than I can say for him. He comes from an Afrikaans background and he grew up with the idea that the man has all the say in the home - what they say, goes and unfortuneately for him, he married an English girl who does not live by those stupid rules and ideas!

Reply to Gracie