Question
Posted by: Wanna Marry | 2005/11/23

Marriage

How do you guys feel about gay marriages?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Wanna Marry and welcome to our forum.

You pose a very broad, sweeping question and I'm surprised more people haven't responded. There are many and often conflictual attitudes towards same-sex marriage within the gay community and among gay activists and theorists. Many see gay marriage as a basic right they need to fight for, while others see it as our mistakenly attempting to emulate a heterosexist system (that is fundamentally flawed and doesn't work anyway, some argue). There are many theological, social, feminist and even political views on the issue within the gay movement and I suggest you try to get hold of a book entitled "Same-Sex Marriage, Pro & Con - A Reader", edited by Andrew Sullivan and published by Vintage (www.vintagebooks.com) for an overview. I found a copy at Exclusive Books.

1
Posted by: orlando | 2005/11/23

charlize theron says she and her fiance will only get married when gays are allowed to marry. Fresh off the presses at salondotcom. onse charlize is with us.

Reply to orlando