Question
Posted by: Cook | 2005/11/23

Marriage

Hi im a South African getting married to someone in England, im scared for leaving my family behind. Im i doing the right thing

,,,,,

8
Posted by: Cook | 2005/11/23

Aletta what nework do you work to get phone calls for 2p per minute.

Reply to Cook
Posted by: Cook | 2005/11/23

Thanks Aletta.

Thanks for you reply, it means alot to know im not the only one. I know he is the right one and i know ill get through this. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Cook
Posted by: Aletta | 2005/11/23

Cook, I am in England with my husband, and I think the secret is to make up your mind and then go with the flow. Of course it is sometimes very painful being so far from friends and family, but being in a foreign country also brings so many new experiences. You learn to appreciate things that you previously took for granted in SA (like the sunshine, friendly people, the SA sense of humour, good steak, Kyknet, etc), but also to appreciate the "new" things, like polite drivers, a generally openminded society, safety and security, the super-efficient Royal Mail and other service industries that really work, etc!
If you decide to go, give it your all. No use pining for what you cannot have, rather embrace your new life.
Just be very sure that your relationship with your husband is a solid one. You will rely on him a lot until you settle down and make a life for yourselves!
Cheap calls to SA (2p per minute) also definitely help to keep the morbs at bay, and looking forward to visits to and from SA become major events to look forward to.
Only you can decide, but as with most things in life, there will always be the good and the bad side to it.
Good luck!

Reply to Aletta
Posted by: Cook | 2005/11/23

I just want to say thanks to my BEST FRIEND IN SOUTH AFRICA B. We talk over MSN with each other, and she just told me ill be fine.

I can and will make this work. When i grew up my dad always told me you go where the man off the house is, and my man off the house is England and i know my dad will be proud off me for the choice i made to stay here and the choice in my husband. Thanks for everyone's comment. Im happy now and if i do decide to go back i wont be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Cook
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/23

Haai ou Koek. Doen dit man, jy kan altyd mos weer terug kom as dinge nie werk nie. Ek laaik nettie die weerie.

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/23

Honestly, i dont have the guts to do that.

My husband stayed in South Africa for me, and he suffers at times. and loves his parents so dearly. they talk allot over phone & internet.
But ultimitly its your choise. I think a person needs to be strong.
I know i am not, I will ^%&*&%^ my marriage if i had to be away from here.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Cook | 2005/11/23

In my heart it feels like im doing the right thing, but im so much a daddy's girl, knowing ill be seing him once a year makes me so depressed. The guy im getting married is the one i have always wanted, it just a shame he lives in England. Its 3 weeks to the wedding and im suppose to be so happy but for me feel it, its 3 weeks for me to loose my family.

Reply to Cook
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/23

Only you can know....?

Reply to Delene