Question
Posted by: Sonet | 2007/07/25

Marmite and blood pressure

I was told that there are high vitamins and minerals in Marmite, and that it's good for people with low blood preasure. Is this true? My blood pressure is 90/60 and I've had a headache for 2 days now and earache (I've got flue). What can I do to get rid of the pain? I have had antibiotics for 7 days now, but nothing helps with the earache? Thanks

Dear Sonet
The reason why extracts like Marmite may help for low blood pressure, is that Marmite contain a lot of salt (sodium) and sodium increases bp. When you have recovered from the flu you can also ask your dr about medications like Effortil which can be used to raise bp. Don't eat too much Marmite as an excessive sodium intake is also harmful, esp to the kidneys. If you have been taking antibiotics for 7 days and your earache has not improved you MUST go back to the dr and ask him/her to examine your ears again and prescribe additional treatment. Also ask for additional pain medication (e.g. Myprodol, etc).
I do hope you will soon feel much better and that the earache clears up.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/28

Hi, I had a blackout 3 march 2014 and fell on my head on tiles in our kitchen, Got concussion, headaches, hurt my neck and right shoulder.I always had high blood preasure, nou suddenly I had low blood preasure- 90/60 and I'm very tired. I've got pills from doctor to bring my blood preasure up, without them my blood preasure stays low. Any advise? Tired person

Posted by: lonely | 2013/05/17

I have a problem with bladder and lower back pain,i drink a lot of water because i drink water tablets,but i have a lot of pain.

Reply to lonely