Question
Posted by: Guy | 2008/01/07

Marks on Face

i've had terrible acne during puberty, however, it has all cleared.

However, I have some marks on my face, as well as some small holes, due to scratching those pimples.

I doubt there's anything I could do for the holes, or is there?

But, what do you recommend I use for the marks that I have ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Guy, thank you for the question.

The marks that you can see on the skin is most probably post-inflammatory pigmentation, and you have various options to treat them.
Topical: glycolic acid peels, a moisturizer that contains alpha-hydroxy acids, and a de-pigmentation cream that contains kojic acid, Bearberry, Mulberry root extracts, and glycolic acid.
Laser, IPL, IPL with Bi-Polar Radiofrequency: various skin rejuvenation machines on the market today can produce excellent clearance of pigmentory marks. These may be used alone or in conjunction with the topical regime described above.

Laser: these machines have a good track record in removing the scarring or ‘holes’ following acne, chicken pox, etc.
Two examples are the Fraxel and the Syneron Matrix IR Fractional Laser.

2
Posted by: Guy | 2008/01/10

Thanks Leo,

What is the cost of these treatments?

How long would it take to see results?

As for the Danne montague king range, which products are you using, and where can I get them from.

Thanks once again.

Reply to Guy
Posted by: leo | 2008/01/09

hi guy I had the exact skin problem. What i did was I went to the The international skin institute in Claremont, Cape Town where i had micro-dermabrasion every month and then some times went for AHA 6 layer peel which is one of the best treatments and I am using the Danne montague king range which is great. Every girl I meet tells me that I have great skin for a guy.

Reply to leo