Question
Posted by: CAS | 2004/10/11

Marking his spot

I have a Jack Russell that will be 1 year in Nov but now he his lifting his leg agains everthing. All the other dogs are mixed can you help. As during the day he is out-side and at night we let him sleep inside.

Hi Cas
Is he castrated? If not, I would recommend this as part of the solution. If there is more than one male dog around they may be competing for territory or attention. You will need to give a behaviourist a much more detailed history to sort out this problem. However shouting at him or punishing him will not help, so ignore it and clean up when he's not looking.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST

1
Posted by: Carol | 2004/10/11

Have him neutered

Reply to Carol