Posted by: Lia | 2008/10/20

Mark on foot

Hi Cyber Doc

For quite a few years i' ve had this small blueish mark on the top of my foot but under the skin. I used to wear sandals that would rub against that area of my skin and then one day i noticed a light blue mark. I thought maybe something (like a bit of dirt or something) got trapped under the skin. I' ve heard that the body forms oils to keep that foreign object from getting into the body, so i assumed it was that. The mark has darkened over the years. It sometimes makes me feel self-conscious, so I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts as to what it is?

Dear Lia
It may be an angioma - non-cancerous tumour of blood vessels. It can be treated with laser if it is. let your GP have a look and refer you to a dermatologist if needed.