Question
Posted by: Jelly bean | 2007/05/14

Marina problems

Hi there, I had the Marina device fitted about 1 1/2 years ago. I used to be on the pill and had no problems with periods etc. Just grew tired of always having to remember to take it..Now with this in i am experiencing 2 week periods.My gynae put me on a mini pill last year for about 2 months to try regulate it, which it did for awhile, but now for the last 3months im back to periods which last for 2 weeks. I have heard the Marina does not work for everybody....
What would you suggest.

Perhaps you should try a different form of contraception.

2
Posted by: Syllable | 2007/05/15

I've had mine for almost three years, and had some trouble in the begining as well. My gynae recommended that I remain on it for at least two years because it takes some time for the body to settle. I'm very happy and would definitely have one fitted again after this one.

Reply to Syllable
Posted by: EX MIRENA USER | 2007/05/15

It definately doen't work with everybody. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.....

Reply to EX MIRENA USER