Question
Posted by: anon | 2007/08/13

marina and pains

I had the marina fitted 6 months ago as i had very heavy, irregular periods and bad endometrioses. Since then i've hardly had a period, more like one day with just a brown discharge.
I have had pains in my lower, left side of my stomach, very low down. At first I thought this was my colon as I have a spastic colon which gives me trouble almost everyday, but now its getting really painful and I'm not so sure. This is also a bit embarassing, but I had sex for the first time since having i had it fitted, a few days ago. The day after I had alot of brown discharg, it looks like blood, and still do, the pains are very bad today, so i'm a bit worried. Is this normal with the marina? Also, is it 100% effective with preventing pregnancy? Is it possible for it to fall out?

It is normal to have no or very light periods with the Mirena. The fact that you had ' bleeding' after sex needs to be checked on. I can't really tell from this side of the screen what is causing your pain, so your best bet would be to see your doctor. The Mirena is 99.5% safe in preventing pregnancy. It can fall out but this would be uncommon.

1
Posted by: anon | 2007/08/13

I also had the feeling of constantly needing to urinate for the past few months. Please help, i'm really worried about all this!!!

Reply to anon