Question
Posted by: Anon for this | 2008/05/26

Maria, GOD doesnt allow it...

Maria you ask why does GOD allow certain things. He allows us CHOICE. A person that dies from an overdose of drugs cannot blame the drug dealer, he made the choice to take the drug in the first place. In this world there is good and evil and we have to make choices daily and suffer the consequences. There are things we will not understand like why a mother should die of cancer and leave behind her children. But remember GOD is not of this world but the next - we allow the devil to reign on earth.
A lot of things are man made even though innocent people will suffer - Wars, aids, crime, starving children - these are all the consequences of irresponsible, greedy people.

Our capacity for choice is very important, indeed, and its why I'm uneasy about people who claim that their bad behaviour is "an adiction" as though this totally absolves them from any responsibility for the choices they made.
But as has been pointed out, this is NOT a forum for discussing religious or political issues

8
Posted by: Mattheuw | 2008/05/26

God giving you a disabled child it not just a choice but a simple test. It is well up to you to decide if you will love and except or abandon and overlook. I HAVE SEEN MANY MOTHERS WHO LOVE AND CARE FOR THEIR DISABLED CHILD AS IF THERE WAS NO DISABLITY! In real life we all have our own disabilities, even normal people like you. No one is perfect and religion is not just about teaching what is right and wrong, but also to love and except. Please leave religion out of these discussions, we can’t rely on each other but we can rely on God!

Reply to Mattheuw
Posted by: sadi | 2008/05/26

Well said, Anon for this. We humans love blaming, its easier to blame than to take responsibility for our actions.

Reply to sadi
Posted by: Anon for this | 2008/05/26

A Mom - perhaps you didnt read my post fully - I said there are things we dont understand BUT Maria asked why does GOD LET a drug addict fall pregnant - well HE doesnt LET anybody do anything, they have choices. She CHOOSES to take drugs and she CHOOSES to fall pregnant irresponsibly knowing she is a drug addict.

Ness and CS - I think adults should be able to have healthy, thought provoking discussions so why not on this forum. If Maria asked a question then maybe something is bothering her.
Not everything on this site has to be about affairs and relationships

Reply to Anon for this
Posted by: a Mom | 2008/05/26

and giving you a disabled child is a choice ?

Having a child born dead, is a choice?

rather dont go there.

Reply to a Mom
Posted by: Anon for this | 2008/05/26

in the posting about killing foreigners "maria" asks the question. Thought it needed an answer

Reply to Anon for this
Posted by: Maria (original) | 2008/05/26

Don't know what prompted this thread, but I just need to point out that recently someone else started posting under the nic MARIA, and that it's not me. :)

I agree with Ness.

Reply to Maria (original)
Posted by: Ness | 2008/05/26

Two things you never discuss. Politics and Religion. If you want a discuss go to the forum. This is not the place for it

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Lady Man | 2008/05/26

I agree.

Reply to Lady Man