Question
Posted by: Cell | 2007/03/06

Many ailments

Hi please help.My husband is a heavy smoker,has a stressful job, consumes an above average amount of alcohol and has a love for meat and spicy food with little variation of vegetables or fruit.
He has chronic asthma but it only gets really bad twice a year. Lately he has had symptoms of sore body joints, slight fever, feeling hot and cold, severe crusty feet, sharp shooting pai in upper thigh and trouble breathing. What could be happening to him?

Dear Cell
He could have high uric acid levels, the shooting pain can be due to vit b complex shortages and the asthma could be due to gastric reflux. He should rather see your GP for some blood tests and maybe a Chest x/ray.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/06

Sorry, but your husband sounds like a walking disaster! He's lining up for "please give me a heart attack/stroke"!
Because that's exactly where he will be if he doesn't change things.

It sounds like he needs to see a doctor. He has too many worrying symptoms to just leave them. Especially with his current lifestyle.

He needs to stop smoking and cut down on alcohol. Just doing those 2 things alone will make a substantial difference to his health. It CAN be done.

Reply to anxious