Question
Posted by: miserable | 2005/12/08

man problems...

guys i was wondering if u can help.
im 18 my bf is 34
i started seeing this guy about 4 mnthsago, him and i having been hitting it off big time. last week he told me that he wants to start focusing more on our relationship and possibly move in together sometime next year...
thing is, he has a gf back in his home town, not sure what the situation is with them but i really dont think they are having any problems.
when i asked if he was going to dump his gf for me, he told me that he had not thought of this....how could this be possible? he wants to take our relationship a step ahead...
i would like to get some advise as to what i should do.
i am so inlvove with this guy i would go all the way out to make him happy.

Expert ImageTeen expert

It sounds as if your boyfriend wants to have two relationships, and you have to decide whether this is okay with you or not.

How old is his other girlfriend? I am afraid it may be the case that he has an older girlfriend elsewhere, and you are basically boosting the ego of a 34 year old man by him having a teenage girlfriend. At his age he really should know better and grow up.

If you do not want to share him - then you need to tell him. Then you will know where you stand. You should also ensure you always use a condom if you are having sex with this man. How many partners does he really have!? Someone who has multiple partners puts themselves and their partners at increased risk of STI's and HIV.

My honest advice - find someone who wants you exclusively - if this guy does not I suggest you move on even if this will initially be painful.

2
Posted by: Tragedy | 2005/12/12

I think that if it doesn't bother you, him, or his other girlfriend to be in multiple relationships, well, that's just you guys. Personally, I wouldn't want something like that. If I was in that situation I would tell him he needed to decide who he wanted to be with, but I'm also a little concerned why your with such an older guy?

Reply to Tragedy
Posted by: Frank Lee | 2005/12/08

He is using you. When he is done with you and he moves back to his home town, he will drop you like a hot potatoe, put you out on the street.

You are in lust with this guy, not love. You're still a child and you are enjoying the attention that you're getting from an older man.

Stay away!

Reply to Frank Lee