Question
Posted by: Lala | 2008/06/22

Man - how to gain weight

Can you please give me some tips on how to let my man gain some weight without him knowing it? I don't want him to feel bad, that's why I don't want him to know, I'm just trying to help him.

Dear Lala
Basically your man will have to be informed about your attempts to help him gain weight because there are only 2 ways for a person to gain weight: a) Eating more at every meal and having extra snacks in between meals, or b) taking a liquid meal supplement 3 times a day. Now for both these procedures your man will have to cooperate. So sit down and talk to him about this and see if you can get him to try one of these 2 methods of gaining weight. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject, which explain both methods of gaining weight. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost energy intake. You can purchase liquid meal supplements at most chemist shops. Talk to the pharmacist about your man's need to gain weight and see which products he or she will recommend. Basically he needs to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much he eats at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to his regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If he will agree to use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then he should gain 1 kg per week. Feedback from other Readers has indicated that they have successfully gained weight by using a meal supplement.
Good luck with this project!

2
Posted by: man | 2008/07/02

what ever

Reply to man
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/06/22

If you only feed him a bit more than he could burn he ough to gain weight, it would be helpful to give him food that he likes. Why do you want to let him gain weight? What is his BMI? Maybe you should first ask him if he would like to weigh a few kilo's more els he'll might put himself on diet if he feels he is gainning weight.

Reply to Zexeon